[ubuntu-uk] Top Posting

James Tait james.tait at wyrddreams.org
Tue Nov 29 10:13:38 UTC 2011

On 28/11/11 10:07, Colin Law wrote:
> On 28 November 2011 09:44, Jon Reynolds<maillist at jcrdevelopments.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, November 24, 2011 19:36, Liam Proven wrote:
>> Would you say your signature should be at the complete bottom, including
>> all quoted text, or just after your immediate reply?
>
> I would say that if your signature is, almost literally, a signature
> (so your name and maybe one or two additional lines) then put it
> inline, as I do.  Any more than this then put your name after your
> last line of posting, in order to terminate the posting and put the
> rest of the rubbish at the bottom so that nobody has to look at it
> (they never read it anyway so even better not to include it at all).

I agree with the last part of what you said - if it's not relevant, get
rid of it.  Logically, then, your signature will be the last thing in
your e-mail - so both "at the complete bottom" and "just after your
immediate reply" are true.

JT
James Tait, BSc                        |    xmpp:jayteeuk at wyrddreams.org
Programmer and Free Software advocate  |        Tel: +44 (0)870 490 2407