[ubuntu-uk] Top Posting

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 28 10:07:36 UTC 2011

On 28 November 2011 09:44, Jon Reynolds <maillist at jcrdevelopments.com> wrote:
> On Thu, November 24, 2011 19:36, Liam Proven wrote:
>>
>>> Would setting the signature at the bottom be best practice?
>>
>> Yes. 4 lines, ideally, 5 at a push. Legal disclaimers are pointless
>> and unenforcable so do not use them. Include some non-email contact
>> details.
>>

> Would you say your signature should be at the complete bottom, including
> all quoted text, or just after your immediate reply?

I would say that if your signature is, almost literally, a signature
(so your name and maybe one or two additional lines) then put it
inline, as I do.  Any more than this then put your name after your
last line of posting, in order to terminate the posting and put the
rest of the rubbish at the bottom so that nobody has to look at it
(they never read it anyway so even better not to include it at all).

Colin