[ubuntu-uk] Watch and backup folder

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Sun Nov 20 18:10:07 UTC 2011

Bea Groves wrote:

> Hi Avi!
>
> It doesn't have to be an SD card. At one point it was an external HDD.
> Indeed this system has 'saved my life' on a number of occasions when
> I've deleted a file by enthusiastic accident

That's exactly the sort of thing I'd have thought it wouldn't protect
against - surely when you delete it on the main drive that deletion is
replicated on the 'backup'? That's what I meant by a much less periodic
sytem; if you delete the file at 4:30 and the backups only run on the
hour, you can easily go and retreive the half-hour old copy with which
to replace it.

I know it happens - I do it all the time :)

--
Avi