[ubuntu-uk] Fwd: Race Online Official Partner Confirmation

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Thu May 19 17:22:25 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 13:24 +0100, Matthew Daubney wrote:

> On 19 May 2011 10:05, Alan Bell <alanbell at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>         ick, sorry about the epic long URLS, I started a wiki page for
>         RaceOnline and uploaded the certificate there if people want
>         to see it https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/RaceOnline
>
>         Alan.
>

> Ok... so now we're a partner, what (can/do we want) to do? I'm a bit
> confused as to what this actually is, and their website confused me a
> fair amount more.....
>
> -Matt Daubney

I have signed up as a Digital Champ.  I don't quite know where I am
going with it yet, but I am kinda thinking that if one of the local
contact points have a problem with someone that has bought one of the
Ubuntu computers and needs help, then I will be available. But I haven't
joined up all the dots on this idea yet.  I certainly cannot put myself
forward as a Windows expert!

I have other things to do as well like my 'job' as a volunteer with the
local Citizens Advice Bureau, where we are well aware of digital
exclusion.  We have a lot of good stuff on-line to help people (see
www.adviceguide.org.uk) but very few of our clients have the means or
skills to access it.

I'll let you know what, if anything, crops up.

Tony