[ubuntu-uk] Preventing shutdown on a remote machine

Dan Fish dan at fishms.org
Wed Mar 30 16:38:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've installed ubuntu on my dad's machine and he's very happy with it.
I'm doing online backups from his computer to my machine with rsync
initiated from my end. The only problem I'm having is that my dad has a
habit of shutting down his machine before the (incremental) backup is
complete. What I'd like to do is inhibit his ability to shutdown the
machine during the backup and hopefully display a message to him
explaining why.

Cheers
Dan