[ubuntu-uk] RSI

Jon Reynolds maillist at jcrdevelopments.com
Mon Mar 28 08:07:35 UTC 2011

 On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 04:01:37 +0100, Hassan "Haz" Williamson wrote:
> On 25 March 2011 16:14, Jon Reynolds  wrote:
>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> Am sure as all of you are computer users, some probably quite
>> prolific (as coders etc), that some of you have had experience with
>> RSI.

 snip

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jon Reynolds (j0nr)
>> www.jcrdevelopments.com [1]
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com [2]
>
> Hi Jon,
> Sorry to hear about you suffering from RSI, but as you said it sort
> of comes with the territory/profession/etc.
>
> I have been suffering from RSI for about 3 years ...

 snip

> Hope you feel better soon, and don't worry your not alone with this
> problem.
>
> Kindest Regards,
> Haz
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.jcrdevelopments.com
> [2] mailto:ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com
> [4] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/
> [5] mailto:maillist at jcrdevelopments.com

 Hi Haz (and others that replied)

 Thanks for all the words of advise. I know the most sensible thing I
 should do is go see my doctor. I have tried wearing a wrist support,
 which I don't think helped much. I have ordered a wrist rest pad (the
 gel lump you rest your wrist on to use the mouse) so I will see how that
 goes. Then if still no good will go to the doctor.

 I do wonder if it is RSI or some other injury (I used to lift weights)
 as it is very localised in the wrist, not up my arm/shoulder etc, and my
 posture is not great (I'm a sloucher). But I haven't lifted for many
 years and the wrist has got worse since then.

 Well doctor is the only real answer here, but will try some exercises
 and the support to see if things improve.

 Thanks again for the comments.