[ubuntu-uk] Android Slates/Tablets......

John Levin technolalia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 16:17:48 UTC 2011

On 24/03/2011 13:50, John MM wrote:
> I have been given some money and I have been thinking about getting an
> Android Tablet, but just have no idea what would be worth getting.
> Anybody any idea. I have about £300 to spend. I dont like Apple at all.
>
> Thanks

I've got an archaos 10, running Android, 10 inch screen. Cost £300. I'm
quite happy with it, though I do prefer proper keyboards to those screen
things. When I was looking at tablets around Xmas, I tried the Samsung
Galaxy in a couple of shops, and really didn't like it. Expensive,
misconfigured (that could have been the shops, but I did try it in two
different places), and the screen (7") was on the small side.

Cons of archaos: it's own limited app market, tho' you can install
google's version (slightly tricky). The pdf viewers aren't brilliant.

But it very much depends on what you want to use it for.

HTH

John

--
John Levin