[ubuntu-uk] Strange file sharing problem

John MM scoundrel50a at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 18:43:34 UTC 2011

Well, I have to say this, since upgraqding to 10.04 from 9.04, I have
not been able to use my file share on my computers. I have tried
looking, tried asking, more times than I want, and I have to say, after
spending most of the day today, almost demading questions answered, I
got my answer. With the terminal, I have always thought with a few
direct questions, most problems can be sorted. I honestly believe my
problem could have been sorted a lot sooner too.

The answer, was given with a command, via the terminal, one which with
my experience, I would never in a million years have been able to get. I
dont even think many people apart from geeks, would have. Which is why i
believe directed questions by somebody who knows could have solved it
sooner.

I now have after all this time, my sharing back, and my windows sharing,
the windows sharing bit took seconds once the initial problem got
sorted. I dont understand why it is, that when something is working ok,
upgrading can take that away. Why does that happen. I am hoping, with
the new upgrade coming soon, it doesnt do the same thing.