[ubuntu-uk] Strange file sharing problem

John MM scoundrel50a at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 21:08:12 UTC 2011

On 03/03/11 19:57, Simon Greenwood wrote:

> No, that's OK at the moment. /var/lib/samba/usershares should contain
> files with the names of shares on your machine. These files should be
> owned by you. If they aren't, from terminal, type 'sudo chown
>
> You should have something like this:
> ls -l /var/lib/samba
> drwxrwx--T  2 root sambashare  4096 2011-02-09 20:30 usershares
> ls -l /var/lib/samba/usershares
> -rw-r--r-- 1 simong simong 78 2011-02-09 20:30 music
>
> s/

ok, after reading that a bit more, and fiddling a bit, I have managed to
cd to usershares, and ls -l to view permissions. Funny thing, some of
the files have username some have root. I get what you are trying to
say, about changing permissions and ownership of directories inside
usershares, but if I am in usershares, how does that change the command?
I dont want to mess it up.

thank you.