[ubuntu-uk] Strange file sharing problem

John MM scoundrel50a at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 12:03:56 UTC 2011

On 03/03/11 12:13, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
> On 03/03/11 11:47, John MM wrote:
>>
>> I did actaully say I had the same problem the error 255, you must have
>> missed the e-mail.
>>

> "
> Hi, Has anybody managed to get this sorted, has it been taken off
> list. I have been trying to follow what is going on, but the thread
> seems to have dried up, can somebldy still help?
>
> what is smbtree?
> "
>
> Nope. That's the *full* text of message I replied to (I thought I was
> being helpful), with a quick and comprehensive answer.
>
> If you have a particular problem you might be better to start a new
> thread describing the issue you have with as much detail and symptoms
> as you can.
>
> Cheers
>
> Al

I havent started a new thread, because this one, as I have pointed out,
deals with the same I am having, with the error 255. It was started to
be dealt with, then stopped. Which indicated it had gone off board. It
seems strange to me so much effort is being taken to point out my short
comings, and get told to go use 'man' and google, and unlike the op
actually get some form of help. Why is it different? Now, its become a
flame, I never intended that.