[ubuntu-uk] Scheduling software recommendations
lists at avi.co
Mon Jun 27 15:42:23 UTC 2011
I'm after some scheduling software, and I'm sure other people have
scratched this itch previously. Having never really used any before I'm
not precisely sure what I want, but the situation is that we have some
people available to do work, and some people scheduling work in. There's
quite a large intersection of the two groups.
I've made a list of all the features I can think of that I'd like, but
this probably isn't exhaustive. Only absolute must haves are that it's
both sorts of free and we can host it ourselves.
Features I know I'd like:
* Each of the people in the 'doing work' group have an ical or similar
feed containing work for them
* An ical feed that shows *all* the scheduled work.
* Email reminders. Being able to run arbitrary scripts as reminders
would be good too.
* A simple interface - having people actually use the thing is way more
important than pretty effects.
* Ability to assign work based on time (X is covering from 0100 - 0600,
so this job at 0300 automatically goes to X)
* Ability to script entries, so we can concoct our own interfaces/tie it
in with other systems.
* Sit on a webserver in php or perl so I can easily tie it in to the
other http auth'd bits and pieces we have. It'll have a VM to itself so
tomcat or whatever's doable too. I can't envisage a good-but-not-HTTP
means of access, but I'm open to suggestions.
Anyone got any suggestions?
More information about the ubuntu-uk