[ubuntu-uk] What aren't we doing? What should we be doing?

john beddard john at kernelnetworks.com
Sat Jun 25 16:17:03 UTC 2011

I've found some of the ideas brainstormed so far really useful. Also the
promotional materials.

In alignment with the brainstorming principles : no commitment, no
judgement. I'd like to mention one that could be filed under the 'crazy'
heading.

With the main business and social trends currently being towards saving
energy and resources. I think it could be worth discussing how Ubuntu
can contribute towards this end. For example, how could Ubuntu be
adapted for home business and home devices market. In alignment with the
SmartGrid that is due to begin adoption around 2015 :
 https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Smart_grid

Maybe a little ahead of time for most realists. However if Microsoft are
able to connect up home devices to their PC/Wireless solutions. They
could become even more entrenched in the home market.

John