[ubuntu-uk] Dropbox type solutions....

Dave Hanson dave at hansonforensics.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 11:31:22 UTC 2011

Good Afternoon All,

I'm thinking of creating my own Dropbox type file storage at home (For no
other reason than I'm tight!) I did some quick googling but the only thing's
I can find are cloud based which seems a bit excessive.

To summarise what I'm after:

   - The storage must be accessible from any browser as many networks block
   ftp ports etc or only have 80 & 443 open.
   - Have individual profile spaces (So, Storage limits can be applied to a
   particular user, other users cannot access files that are not their own,
   that sort of thing)
   - Not have speed restrictions, the transfers must be as quick as the
   network allows.

I wondered if anyone has done anything similar, the 2GB on Dropbox doesn't
take long to fill and I don't really fancy having multiple accounts with
different companies etc.

--
Best Regards,

Dave Hanson