[ubuntu-uk] Example of difficulty to Convert MS users

Jon Reynolds maillist at jcrdevelopments.com
Wed Jun 8 10:00:02 UTC 2011

 My dad uses Windows and recently it completely crashed and the local
 computer shop said it needed reinstalling. So he lost all his programs.

 He decided he was going to try OpenOffice, which I thought was great. I
 also pointed out Libre office to him.

 But unfortunately the outcome was that OpenOffice didn't do address
 labels the way he was used to and didn't like the way OO did 2-column
 layouts... or something like that so he's going back to MS.

 Think this is kind of typical of a lot of people. They learn how to do
 something one way and simply cannot be bothered to learn a different
 way. his attitude was that he didn't mind going to pay for MS because he
 knew he could just get on with what he wanted to do.

 Just maddened me a bit because he was willing to try free software...
 just didn't have enough willingness to learn a little bit more.

 Ho hum.

--

 Jon Reynolds (j0nr)
 http://www.jcrdevelopments.com