[ubuntu-uk] I'm new

Matthew Daubney matt at daubers.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 17:10:48 UTC 2011

On 29 July 2011 17:28, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> wrote:
> On 29/07/11 12:35, Matthew Daubney wrote:
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> While it is true the general issue has been stated, in order to properly
>> assess what that specific user may see as "technical" and "not technical"
>> really depends on the person. If we can get together some examples of where
>> we have gone wrong we can assess each one and figure out how best to treat
>> that kind of situation in the future. I'm more than happy to try and do a
>> session at some point with interested peeps on how to deal with different
>> levels.of technical people, but before we can quantify where the issue is we
>> can't make that decision properly. I'm not saying there isn't a problem, I'm
>> asking for more.information to properly assess how we can improve this
>> situation. If it didn't come across that way I apllogise.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matt Daubney
>
> Hi Mat
> Thanks for being so gracious. I think I must have been in particularly
> controversial mood.
> :-)
> alan

Hi Alan,

It's ok, just highlights the point that some people understand
different things :) I do see your point, and it is very frustrating on
both sides of the table because this kind of problem is a _hard_
problem because it involves people.

Have you seen the support guidelines we put together a little while
ago? https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/Support_Guidelines
I try to poke people when I see them going against them, but I'm not
on IRC very much these days. Hopefully this will poke more people to
read them and adopt them :)

- Matt Daubney