[ubuntu-uk] Slow d/loads

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 09:20:29 UTC 2011

On 24 July 2011 09:42, Ted Wager <ted at trufflesdad.plus.com> wrote:

> My current d/load speed is 15kbps..I have contacted my provider and they
> say I have a line fault..Is there a device (apart from buying another
> router) that will allow me to test the connection or any way I can test
> the router ?

Have you tried speedtest.net? That should at least confirm your observation.
If your ISP are saying that it's a line fault you might be able to hear it
on your phone. Otherwise, contact BT to do a line test.

Domestic routers are notoriously bad at giving out useful data so the best
that you might be able to get from them is remote logging, but have a look
on the router interface and see what it does.

s/
--
Twitter: @sfgreenwood
"Is this your sanderling?"