[ubuntu-uk] Free Software for Non-Profits Day

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Mon Jan 17 20:44:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 18:55 +0000, gazz wrote:
>  it'll consist of practical workshops and presentations. If anyone
> would like to get involved or do an Ubuntu-related workshop or
> presentation for non-techies, let me know :)

I'm quite interested and free that day.  Please tell me the start and
end times.  Might need to stay over depending on this.

> We'll be hiring a somewhat larger venue than usual and working with
> Tower Hamlets and City non-profit umbrella orgs. Time is tight (we
> have budget to use up before March) . . .

Would your budget run to train fare and if needed hostel accommodation?
I would probably come anyhow and pay my own way.

> We're also putting together some helpsheets for small orgs who can't
> afford tech support - I'll be compiling a list of topics shortly, but
> if anyone thinks they would like to do some simple, illustrated Ubuntu
> helpsheets on topics such as migrating from Windows, what kind of
> software to use and how to install it etc etc - also let me know.

This parallels the exercise I'm currently doing for Ubuntu Advertising.
We will be preparing a manual on Upgrading to Ubuntu and the Transition
process.  migrating is scary, and so is change.  Upgrade and transition
are positive words!

Kind regards,		Barry.
http://ubuntuadverts.org/