[ubuntu-uk] NetBook issue #2

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Jan 14 16:52:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 15:50 +0000, Simon Greenwood wrote:

> It sounds like restrictions on the network. I think the issue with the
> domain login is a known problem with Microsoft Internet Proxy of the
> type that only comes up in certain situations. I'm not sure if Samba
> can resolve it at all. The other problems sound like regular corporate
> network security configuration: Allowing IMAP is very rare, and
> restricting webmail is very common. The answer is generally to use a
> dongle.

Just what I suspected.  Dongle is fine IF I remember to turn off file
syncing on UbuntuOne.  It was in the middle of syncing a few meaty files
when I went away, and it gobbled up all my phone credit in minutes!

Regards,		Barry Drake.

--
What do you see when you use your Computer? Same old thing?
...There IS a Better Way!  Ubuntu!