[ubuntu-uk] Edimax wireless router

Tim Dobson lists at tdobson.net
Thu Jan 6 00:18:48 UTC 2011

Hi Tony,

On 05/01/11 23:18, Tony Arnold wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 20:53 +0000, Tim Dobson wrote:
>> I shouldn't think you'd have any problems as a result of you using
>> Ubuntu. What are you going to use it for? Connecting to the internet and
>> connecting your home computers to?
>
> Exactly that. As long as there is no issue when setting up. Some of
> these boxes come with a setup disk that only runs on Windows. I'm quite
> happy to set it up manually over a web or even command line interface.

You should be fine. In my experience you can ignore the 'setup' disks
and just use the web interface the router has. They are fairly standard
and intuitive if I remember right - just work out what IP to connect to
and what the default username and password is. This is usually in the
instruction manual or on the bottom or the router.

I think you should have no problems to be honest. :)

I'm in Manchester area anyway so if it all goes wrong (seriously, it
won't), I'm around to help!

Take care,

Cheers,

Tim