[ubuntu-uk] Edimax wireless router

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Jan 5 23:18:39 UTC 2011

Tim,

On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 20:53 +0000, Tim Dobson wrote:

> On 05/01/11 20:08, Tony Arnold wrote:
> > I'm thinking of replacing my current wireless ADSL modem/router as it
> > keeps hanging up and does not support ADSL-2
> >
> > My inclination is to go for the Edimax AR-7266WnA Wireless N ADSL
> > Router. It seems to do what I want and Edimax are known for supporting
> > Linux.
> >
> > But there are mixed reviews on the PC world web site so I was wondering
> > if anyone on this list has used one with their Ubuntu Linux system and
> > got any comments, good or bad, about this box?
>
> I've used Edimax routers in the past with Linux netbooks and not had any
> problems.
>
> I shouldn't think you'd have any problems as a result of you using
> Ubuntu. What are you going to use it for? Connecting to the internet and
> connecting your home computers to?

Exactly that. As long as there is no issue when setting up. Some of
these boxes come with a setup disk that only runs on Windows. I'm quite
happy to set it up manually over a web or even command line interface.

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold,                        Tel: +44 (0) 161 275 6093
Head of IT Security,                Fax: +44 (0) 705 344 3082
Manchester M13 9PL.                 Email: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk