[ubuntu-uk] LibreOffice vs OpenOffice

Dave Morley davmor2 at davmor2.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 17:55:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 17:00 +0000, Alan Lord (News) wrote:
> On 20/02/11 13:54, Liam Proven wrote:
> >
> > The following, although it may seem petter, isn't. It's important. I
> > don't want to seem ungrateful but it's kind of a big deal.
>
> For you it maybe. For many others I doubt it very much.
>
> > *Please*, do not use that bulletin-board style "@Liam" thing again, to
> > anyone on any mailing list. I missed your message because it wasn't
> > threaded as a response to me.
>
> Is that an order to everyone? I'm not sure I like being ordered about
> how to reply to a mailing list...
>
> There are *all* kinds of folks on here who have their own motivations,
> skill levels and experience. I think we all need to be as welcoming and
> accommodating as possible.
>
> Cheers
>
> Al
>

> PS: I'm reading, writing and replying to this, and many other mailing
> lists, via nntp on gmane.org - this message will probably be in the
> right place in my newsgroup thread if I decide to view it threaded;
> although mostly I view by *date* anyway.

My Thoughts:

I've never got the issue with peoples responses.  The only one I kinda
get is the top posting where it becomes increasingly annoying to follow
on the bulk mails.

I find as long as someone has the answer for me then I'm happy that is
after all why most of us ask questions on the list anyway.

--
Seek That Thy Might Know

http://www.davmor2.co.uk