[ubuntu-uk] LibreOffice vs OpenOffice

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 17:00:19 UTC 2011

On 20/02/11 13:54, Liam Proven wrote:

> The following, although it may seem petter, isn't. It's important. I
> don't want to seem ungrateful but it's kind of a big deal.

For you it maybe. For many others I doubt it very much.

> *Please*, do not use that bulletin-board style "@Liam" thing again, to
> anyone on any mailing list. I missed your message because it wasn't
> threaded as a response to me.

Is that an order to everyone? I'm not sure I like being ordered about
how to reply to a mailing list...

There are *all* kinds of folks on here who have their own motivations,
skill levels and experience. I think we all need to be as welcoming and
accommodating as possible.

Cheers

Al

PS: I'm reading, writing and replying to this, and many other mailing
lists, via nntp on gmane.org - this message will probably be in the
right place in my newsgroup thread if I decide to view it threaded;
although mostly I view by *date* anyway.

--
The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com