[ubuntu-uk] Google Earth .....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Sun Feb 20 17:04:38 UTC 2011

Hi there ....  My sister asked me to pop over there this morning because
she really wanted to use Google Earth.  It is not difficult to make it
work, but I had to get and install stuff by the commandline.  Not
something I could have talked her through over the phone.  I wonder if
Google Earth has been asked to offer Deb packages?  Is there a history
here? If so, can someone fill me in please?  I notice in the Ubuntu
repository there is a 'Google Earth Package maker'.  That struck me as
very odd.  Why not just a simple shell script that does what I had to
do?  Or am I missing something?

Kind regards,		Barry.
http://ubuntuadverts.org/