[ubuntu-uk] Netbook Ubuntu v. plain Ubuntu

Gordon Burgess-Parker gbplinux at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 10:53:11 UTC 2011

On 08/02/11 10:44, John MM wrote:
> Well, one of the things I want to do is change the Icons at the side
> bar. Instead of using FF, I want the Google Chrome Icon there, the
> same with e-mail client, I want to change it to TB.

When you say "icons at the sidebar" presumably you mean in the sidebar
sections? Install Google Chrome and the icon will appear in the Internet
section. Right-click on it to add to the Favorites section. Similarly
you can right-click on the Firefox icon in Favorites and choose
"Remove". (That does not uninstall it - just removes it from the section).
Same with TBird - install it and the icon appears in the Internet
section. Right-click to add to Favorites, right-click on Evolution to
remove from favorites.

> I am trying to see if my external dvd player will work. it did work up
> till I updated, I cant work out where to look for the drives, there
> doesnt seem to be anywhere to find them.

Insert the DVD drive to a USB port, then click on the Files and Folders
section on the L/H side. The mounted disk will appear in a window below
all the internal files and folders.
If you need more specific help then I'll try and post some pictures on
my blog...