[ubuntu-uk] Christmas Revelation

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Tue Dec 27 19:25:30 UTC 2011

** Nigel Verity <nigelverity at hotmail.com> [2011-12-25 10:25]:
> Dear All
> Santa brought my daughter her first laptop for Christmas. In common with most 11-year olds she appears to never listen to a word I say, but almost her first comment after opening the box was "has it already got Linux on it?". There is hope for the future!
** end quote [Nigel Verity]

I tweeted/Facebook'd/Google+'d/Dented a coupld of similar things about my
eldest son (10, nearly 11) recently. The first was a question he asked shortly
after I'd installed Ubuntu on the family PC, which was "Why doesn't the school
use Linux?". The second came about a week later I think, when he was heard to
say "I'm going to use Linux because it is faster, more reliable and has lots of
cool games".

Some things just make you feel warm all over and consider that it is worth it
and there really is hope :)