[ubuntu-uk] ideas for 12.04

paul sutton zleap at zleap.net
Sat Dec 24 19:54:18 UTC 2011

Hi

OK using unity in 11.04 i have come up with the following suggestions,
over xmas will have a look to see what has already been implemented
between 11.04 and 12.04 alpha.

1.  Thunderbird

a) A new mail option tab in the side bar
b) Number of new e-mails (in the same sort of way that the update tool
displays the number of updates available)

2.  Firefox

a) A new tab option, we have new window,  so new tab may be good too

Note : this happens with libreoffice,  which is a nice feature,

3. Brassero (or any cd writing software)

some sort of dynamic icon to display progress,  even if this is a small
box that displays percent complete,

4. Bonbono (cd / dvd authoring)

Again a status update in the side bar icon, can be as simple as a
percent complete,

Just thought I would suggest here first and get comments, as I need to
figure out how to submit to launchpad as well.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Join the revolution, switch to Ubuntu http://www.ubuntu.com