[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu - Wrong Direction?

Andy Whitcroft apw at canonical.com
Sat Dec 10 12:36:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 01:34:18PM +0000, Paula Graham wrote:

> Dunno what's hogging the CPU but Oneiric takes literally (I've timed
> it) up to 6 mins to boot on my 4 GB Lenovo and almost as long to
> shut down and is sluggish in use. For several more minutes after
> logging in, the CPU is going hell-for-leather. Not to mention the
> freezing and crashing in use. It's a bog standard intel chipset

Can you point us to the bugs you have filed on these issues.  Clearly
that is not normal, especially as you were fine on the previous release.
This is also not normal experience across the board on 11:10 for me on the
8 or so machines I have running it.  Finally if you want to help ensure
they are fixed in 12.04 it is vital to test the liveCDs and report in
your bugs if they are not fixed.

-apw