[ubuntu-uk] CTS @ computer fairs

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Tue Dec 6 09:04:26 UTC 2011

On 05/12/11 14:20, Gareth France wrote:
> Hi everyone, since a few people took an interest in my business and asked
> me to keep you all updated here goes...
> I've now got a facebook group page www.facebook.com/cliftonts which I will
> be using for 'today only' type offers and news updates, feel free to join
> up, it's kinda lonel in there right now!
>
> At the Bristol fair yesterday it was a series of highs and lows. I got some
> very closed minded views from some of the other traders and it's tough
> going connecting with the public and getting them to play with the
> machines.

[...]

Hi Gareth! Well done for the Bristol event. I very much look forward
to seeing you at the Bracknell Computer Fair (11th Dec). Yes it is
pretty tough. The Computer Fairs are a  Windows sharp end. However,
the Bracknell traders and many attenders have got a bit used to seeing
me there over the years. One of the notable comments I got a while
back was from a trader I know who sells CDs (and *very* occasionally
Ubuntu CDs).
When I said 'Hi, how's it gong?' He replied, 'Ok. How much is Free
Software today?'
I enjoyed that.

--
alan cocks