[ubuntu-uk] CTS @ computer fairs

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 09:16:28 UTC 2011

Hi Alan, I'm afraid I won't be at Bracknell this month. I've been asked to
DJ a Christmas party on the 10th as well as having an open university
tutorial in the morning. Including the Bracknell fair that would see me
working from 8am on Saturday solidly until about 5pm on Sunday!! I simply
can't cope with that.

I believe I know the man you're talking about and I had a fair old debate
with him as he was selling Ubuntu for £8 and kept telling me that my price
is all wrong and I won't make any money on it (The pre-printed CDs ordered
from the Ubuntu website priced at £2 to be in line with your offerings). I
kept telling him I don't want to make money on them, the point is to get as
many out there as I can! The money comes from the support and selling the
hardware.

He didn't get it.

Gareth