[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu - Wrong Direction?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 04:18:58 UTC 2011

On 2 December 2011 11:58, paul sutton <zleap at zleap.net> wrote:

> I am sure if you got to Microsoft or Apple or any other BIG player you
> get a fast response.

Erm. I'm not sure here, so I am asking: you /are/ making a joke here,
aren't you?

If not: have you ever actually tried to report a bug or get help with
a serious problem from either company?

Apple is better. MS is terrible. Even its own site's search engine is
so bad for searching its support site that it's far better to use a
Google site-specific search.

> This is the business world i guess people want a
> quick response.

That's what you go to resellers for.

I speak as someone who's been many a reseller's alpha geek over the
last 20+ years... I was the poor sod at whose desk the buck stopped.
MICROS~1 were never any help at all.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com