[ubuntu-uk] Press releases .....

Laura Czajkowski laura at lczajkowski.com
Tue Aug 2 12:03:02 UTC 2011

On 02/08/11 12:16, Barry Drake wrote:
> Hi there ....  A few days ago, Laura Czajkowski made the suggestion that
> Ubuntu Advertising and/or Ubuntu Marketing might look at preparing and
> sending press releases to appropriate media.  Since then, I've been
> looking at what happens at present.  All I can find are spasmodic
> releases from Canonical which sometimes reflect the state of play with
> the latest Ubuntu release.

What I suggested doing was doing something other than waiting for stuff
to be paid for, you can write on anything perhaps how Ubuntu is being
used in other places, and get journalists to pick up on items. Perhaps
leaving the "release" announcements to Canonical as that's their area.

Laura

--

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/czajkowski
http://www.lczajkowski.com