[ubuntu-uk] Low power 2-drive NAS box that can run Ubuntu?

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 16:22:34 BST 2010

On 02/09/10 15:16, Andrew Oakley wrote:

> The other route looks like shopping around for a low-power mini-ITX motherboard, mITX chassis and build from there. What I absolutely do not want is an ATX or mATX power supply slurping 100w and making fan/buzz noises. So maybe I can find an mITX motherboard which takes a 9v/12v power brick mains adaptor.

Here's the story of what I built almost three years ago. A VIA C7 (which
I now downclock!) in a small case. It draws < 20W from the socket and
It's been on virtually all the time since I built it.

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2007/09/08/untangle-asterisk-pbx-and-file-server-all-in-one/

Another option is to look at some the little Revo-type boxes...

Al

--
The Open Learning Centre
http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com