[ubuntu-uk] Low power 2-drive NAS box that can run Ubuntu?

Andrew Oakley Andrew.Oakley at hesa.ac.uk
Thu Sep 2 15:16:42 BST 2010

David wrote:
> Might blow the budget a bit but I've just ordered QNAP TS210 (£168 inc
> VAT & Delivery from www.cclonline.com
> http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=41794

Wow. That is *exactly* what I want... only 50-75 quid cheaper! I will do the standard IT action in these circumstances; wait until the price drops. ;-)

The other route looks like shopping around for a low-power mini-ITX motherboard, mITX chassis and build from there. What I absolutely do not want is an ATX or mATX power supply slurping 100w and making fan/buzz noises. So maybe I can find an mITX motherboard which takes a 9v/12v power brick mains adaptor.

Andrew Oakley
Head of Software Development
Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA)
95 Promenade, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL50 1HZ
T 01242 211460  F 01242 211122  W www.hesa.ac.uk