[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu/Linux is still not an OS for the masses - discuss

Paul Morgan-Roach roachy at roachy.net
Thu Oct 14 18:50:46 BST 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Paul Tansom <paul at aptanet.com> wrote:

> Support wise, I can sympathise, although based on experience when asking
> questions on Windows forums. The first one that comes to mind is Experts
> Exchange (now a pay site and abandoned), but there have been others.

<snip>

EE is still a very active site - and probably one of the best IT general
knowledge support sites out there.  I maintain my free membership by
answering a couple of questions each month &  I would recommend to any IT
Pro's/technically savvy users out there that this is a good way to find out
information when you need it in a hurry (I usually find an answer is
forthcoming within an hour or 2, if it's not already in the knowledge
base...

My issue with general forums (particularly the Ubuntu forums due to the
number of users) is that there are loads of competent users giving good
advice....but the noise ratio is dire.  EE tends to have a better quality
response....

It's horses for courses I suppose...but I personally find EE extremely
helpful in times of crisis :)