[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu/Linux is still not an OS for the masses - discuss

Paul Tansom paul at aptanet.com
Thu Oct 14 16:54:12 BST 2010

** Paul Tansom <paul at aptanet.com> [2010-10-14 14:34]:
> With my brand new build for my dad I have the joy of sorting out his scanner,
> which has no Windows 7 driver. It does, however, have a transparency adaptor
> that he wants to use, and I don't think new scanners have this feature - so if
> anyone knows of a utility for transparency adaptors (Epson) under Linux I'll
> get him scanning in the Ubuntu boot :)
** end quote [Paul Tansom]

That'll teach me to make off hand comments mid email. The scanner has the TPU
supported with the sane drivers. I guess that's what comes of having ignored
multimedia support for so long on Linux! It's only when I switched to Ubuntu
that I really bothered with sound, etc.. So long as I had a desktop to start my
shell sessions and once in a blue moon print I was happy :) If sound, etc.
support was there great, if not I never bothered. Gimp and Scribus was a 'new
media' as I needed!

Registered in England  |  Company No: 4905028  |  Registered Office: