[ubuntu-uk] Successful Ubuntu workshop at UCL

Roy Jamison xteejyx at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 14 09:58:04 BST 2010

Wow! That's a really good turnout :)
I'm hoping there might be some kind of Ubuntu open day somewhere in
north Kent soon. It will give me a chance to get my hands dirty and muck
in in the hands-on area instead of bug triage/fixing.

Does anyone know if there are plans for anything like this in the north
Kent area, i.e. borough of Swale where I am? If not, I'd like some
pointers on getting one set up, maybe share experiences or come along
and help.

I've already had about 10-20 full-time adopters of Ubuntu so far, they
were shown how to do the basics, i.e. install, remove and use and so far
I've only had one question about a 3 mobile broadband dongle, but it was
a simple fix.

I must say the new options in the installer to automatically install
updates and 3rd party stuff like flash is sooooo much help when trying
to get people on the Ubuntu bandwagon. I think the time will soon come
when we really can say "it just works!"

--

Roy Jamison (xteejx)
Ubuntu Bug Squad