[ubuntu-uk] Upgrade woes

Glen Mehn glen.mehn at oba.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 13:51:08 BST 2010

Please please please file against update-manager.

Rob: you can try this:
Boot from usb stick or live cd
Mount your filesystems in their correct places, so that your old / is at /mounts/oldroot
Open a terminal
Type 'chroot /mounts/oldroot'
Run 'dpkg --configure -a'
Run 'grub-install' (shouldn't be necessary, but can't hurt)

Exit the chroot
Unmount
Reboot without the cd

Best of luck!