[ubuntu-uk] Musick Manager

pmgazz pmgazz at gmx.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 14:28:30 BST 2010

On 05/10/10 12:33, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> rythmbox keeps crashing, but I'll try songbird
> On 5 October 2010 09:39, George MacLeod<bhaltair at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Strange that you've had problems with these players I have used all three
>> but have stuck with Rythmbox and Songbird. Rythmbox can play MP3 files,
>> makes a play list and also syncs with Ubuntu One. Both have album art
>> capability as well as many other features.
>> --
I know, I use Banshee and although it crashes about once a month it's as
reliable as anything else and pretty fast (Amarok is painfully slow,
especially on GNOME and Exaile is also very slow and crashes a lot). I'm
not crazy about Rhythmbox but it works OK. I tried Songbird a couple of
years ago, it was fast but very buggy - if it's better now, I'll give it
another go.

I used to use gmusicbrowser a couple of years ago because I have a huge
music library and everything else was hopelessly slow ( I set up Amarok
with a mysql back end once but it was still not great). But Banshee is
pretty nifty these days and since gmusicbrowser's interface is clunky
and annoying I've switched back to Banshee.