[ubuntu-uk] Dual Monitor set up NVIDIA Twinview

Graham Smith myotistwo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 11:00:09 GMT 2010

Bodsda

Reboots are not necessary, use ctr+alt+backspace to restart X.

Thanks, so can I select the primary display and restart X to see if its
working, without committing to saving the x config.

> Saving to the config file is the only way to keep the configuration after a
> reboot though.

Yes, I knew that :-), I was just scared to save and re-boot into something
that might not work.

> When you say the belinia is acting as the primary, does the gnome-panel
> move to that screen as well?

Yes, everything moves over to the Belinia, the Viewsonic only has the purply
background image  on  it.

Thanks again,

Graham