[ubuntu-uk] Camera ?

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Thu Nov 25 16:09:57 GMT 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 14:19 +0000, Ted Wager wrote:
> I am thinking of buying a Panasonic TZ8 digital camera
>  Could anyone tell me if this will mount in Linux ?

Our local branch of Jessops was very happy for me to go in with my
netbook and try the Canon EOS that my sister was going to buy.  I did a
bit of research on the Canon web page and on the Ubuntu forums, and
found out that it should work well provided I installed gphoto.  Canon
EOS range do not mount as a mass storage device, instead they use a
standard that gphoto can work with.  I got the impression that gphoto
provides an interface for just about all types of camera.

Going in to Jessops with my laptop proved this out.

Regards,		Barry.
--
Sent from my PC using Ubuntu - the window-free environment
that gives me real fresh air.