[ubuntu-uk] Recommend a two hard drive dock

Andy Partington andy.partington at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 08:42:56 GMT 2010

On 24 November 2010 19:17, Kris Douglas <krisdouglas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the thing you are after is an old pc coupled with freenas.  These
> docks offer no protection to the drive,  meaning the drive could easily be
> damaged. A pc with freenas is the perfect solution.  Failing that some
> proper powered usb enclosures will work better.  Also,  I think it was Alan
> who pointed out that a desktop drive will not run off usb, he is right. You
> will definitely need external power for any 3.5 drive.
>
> Sent from my HTC Hero
> On 24 Nov 2010 17:39, "javadayaz" <javadayaz at gmail.com> wrote:

I'd thoroughly recommend something like this,
http://shop.xtreamer.net/categories/eTRAYz/

<http://shop.xtreamer.net/categories/eTRAYz/>Can connect to it remotely, if
you go for the etrayz pro you can connect it directly to the telly via HDMI
and use it as your media centre and still access stuff from your laptop on
it.

Andy