[ubuntu-uk] New Linux website - Feedback?

Jools Wills buzz at exotica.org.uk
Thu Nov 25 02:40:19 GMT 2010

Daniel,

I have read your idea and seen your new website. I have to question your
intentions with this site considering what you have done previously and
I think it is also important that others are aware of this as by signing
up, it may well affect them too.

In no way do I mean this as any kind of personal attack, but I think
your previous actions with web hosting raise serious concerns!

Daniel Case used to run the joggerwiki site. The joggler still has a
good following, but the wiki is now run by a cybersquatter who Daniel
sold the wiki to.. .. for $150.. along with user details and password
hashes etc.

Rather than go over the story.. you can read it here.

http://bliterness.blogspot.com/2010/11/joggler-wiki-has-moved.html

How can anyone be sure that your new website idea is not just another
gather users and "traffic" and sell it on again ? the most annoying
thing is the site you sold on to the squatters, still has the traffic
ranking, and fakes itself to be a wiki which it is not, and people
cannot find the real resurrected wiki any longer. if desperate for money
($150?) you could have contacted others in the community... you didn't..

Perhaps this was one massive mistake, but looking at your "sales" talk
on the page, it sends a massive warning to me, and hopefully other
people, and I would recommend anyone who already signed up on your new
site to make sure they haven't used their user credentials elsewhere.

ps. the new joggler wiki is up @ http://www.jogglerwiki.com

Jools