[ubuntu-uk] e-books without Adobe Digital Editions

Tyler J. Wagner tyler at tolaris.com
Mon Nov 8 14:26:28 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 12:54 +0000, pmgazz wrote:
> Otherwise, publishers with existing copyright insist on using DRM -
> nothing (legally) to be done about that as far as I can tell.

Except for Baen, one of the first publishers to come to their senses
(and have the mounting sales to prove it). All Baen books are available
without DRM in 7 or 8 formats, including ePub and HTML.

http://www.baen.com/

Some of which is free for download:

http://www.baen.com/library/

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any
other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its