[ubuntu-uk] Improving Support

Matthew Daubney matt at daubers.co.uk
Tue May 25 10:34:56 BST 2010

Hello,

First of all a brief apology for not sorting this out sooner, moving
house has taken somewhat longer than I originally intended. I'm hoping
to start getting things back on track now.

Secondly, thanks to the people who turned up to my (frankly awful) talk
at Oggcamp on this subject. Next time I have a chance to talk about what
I'm trying to achieve I _should_ be able to do it better! As a result of
that I have some notes I'm slowly going through to gain some ideas of
how to move forward, but this moves me onto point three.

What drives you to help support random strangers for no reward? Someone
pointed out to me at Oggcamp that understanding this may be the crux of
being able to actually help drive people to improve.

I've had a sit down, a cup of tea and a bit of a think on this and will
put hand to keyboard this evening and lay out why I help people, but I
want to see if I can get a better understanding of why others do so
without influencing their decisions.

So really, what drives you to support people? What, in your own opinion,
could be done to help motivate yourself to do better?

I'd be very appreciative of any responses.

Thanks,

Matt Daubney