[ubuntu-uk] Nvidia Settings (was Media Centre Advice)

Andrew Seyes andrew.seyes at gmail.com
Fri May 21 09:13:21 BST 2010

Hello,

I installed 10.04 on my revo and I too struggled to get any sound via
HDMI which refused stubbornly to work despite my best efforts. Finally
I gave up and completed the install by activating the nvidia graphics
driver. After a reboot I was surprised to find that sound just started
working via HDMI. I dont think I made any other changes, so I think it
was just activating that nvidia driver that did the trick for me.

I was following the install guides on greenhughes.com [1] (which
mentions un-muting a channel via alsamixer which I did too) and popeys
guide [2] (adapting it for lucid as I went along).

Cheers
Andrew

[1] http://www.greenhughes.com/content/how-install-ubuntu-910-and-boxee-beta-acer-aspire-revo-including-64-bit-option
[1] http://popey.com/blog/2009/08/06/acer-aspire-revo-ubuntu-boxee-and-remote-control/