[ubuntu-uk] Mums, Was: Ubuntu UK Science Museum Visit - WiFi Available!

Jon Reynolds maillist at jcrdevelopments.com
Thu Mar 25 14:01:37 GMT 2010

The thought of giving screencasts a go had crossed my mind, but then I
don't have a tidy Windows setup on which to make them. Really must
convince her to try ubuntu.

I think the problem with ubuntu on my parents computers (have nearly
convinced my dad to try - will push him for at least dual-boot) is they are worried about support if things go wrong.

I would help as much as I can but I live 200 miles away and don't get
there very often unfortunatelyt. So at the mo, if my dad's computer
starts playing up he  says he is happy that he can just put it in the
car and take it to the local computer shop to sort out. I doubt they
will help him if it is running Ubuntu, unless they are very lucky and
the guys in the shop happen to be linux users.

But if I get them bothon dual boot so they could revert to windows if
needs be...

Jon