[ubuntu-uk] Viral Videos - Who's actually interested?....Just another thought....

John Matthews jakewc2 at sky.com
Wed Feb 3 13:56:32 GMT 2010

That is all well and good having all those things which you have all
pointed out, but, which are when you think of it, in need an Internet
connection. Connecting to the Internet,is the most important thing and
very few, if any ISP's give support for connection problems with Linux.
If the Netbook experience is anything to go by, you have to sort out
making it more out of the box, and give more immediate support. It wont
work otherwise. People wont buy into it, they will just send the
computers back. I say that because I have three computers, all of which
only half work. Two of which I need started up all the time, because I
have to swap and change depending on what I need doing.

Its also not going to help any if you keep saying 'so what, windows
causes problems, that never runs smoothly' but at least there is support
even if you have to pay for it, there is support. That isnt part of a
solution.

To own a computer running Ubuntu, its not simple, it takes a little bit
of getting used to, and quite a bit to get it going, and unless you make
it so its not a hastle getting it going, and more is added to make it
run out of the box, how will you get people to accept it, and use it.

John