[ubuntu-uk] OOO Base - Recent Poor Performance

Nigel Verity nigelverity at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 10 07:07:00 GMT 2010

Hi Guys

I use OOO Base to provide a user interface to a MySQL database. Until a couple of weeks ago the performance was excellent then, last weekend, I noticed it started taking best part of a minute to populate a simple list of around 200 entries. I tried it on my other laptop. Same thing. By way of elimination I copied the data to local tables of  (HSQL) and linked a form to that. Same again.

I've not changed the database or the application in any way. All I can assume is that a recent system update has caused the problems. The MySQL server and the OOO Base application are on the same machine.

Has anybody else suffered a similar problem and/or have any ideas as to a solution?

Thanks,

Regards

Nige