[ubuntu-uk] Want to create an advert for Ubuntu?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 15:09:07 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:05 PM, gazz <pmgazz at gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 12:34 +0000, danteashton at gmail.com wrote:
>
> It is a serious problem that in order to install such functionality, one
> must install the ubuntu-restricted-extras package and run the libdvdcss
> installation script. This problem is made less by activating the small
> amount of codecs that Canocial have licensed upon installation,
>
> Well, that's sort of why I tend to emphasise the 'social responsibility'
> aspects and provide as many channels to support as possible.
>
> Multimedia is less of an issue in the VCS of course,

Um. The what now?

Version Control System? That's what it means to me in a Linux context,
but CVS is more common.

Voluntary and Community Sector? Veritas Cluster Server? Video
Communication Server? VOIP Connection Server? The Atari videogames
console?

Victoria Coach Station? Voluntary Carbon Standard?

I honestly can't guess. I've tried. Google was no help, nor Wikipedia,
whence I got a fair few of those TLAs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VCS

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com