[ubuntu-uk] Logo Vote

Alan Bell alan.bell at theopenlearningcentre.com
Sat Aug 28 09:46:54 BST 2010

On 28/08/10 06:53, SW Wootton wrote:
> Good Morning.
> I am quite new to ubuntu being an emigre from SuSe. Just thought I
> should make a comment on your email. It would appear to me that in
> view of the response to the issue of a change in the logo it should
> certainly not be changed. I am certain there are more important issues
> to be considered.
>
> Regards
> SW

it is being changed, the whole Ubuntu brand has been changed and there
is a new font that represents the brand. The circle of friends is not
going away, but it is changing a bit. The Ubuntu-UK team logo is
changing to follow that overall brand change, it isn't a massively
complicated logo and it isn't using any radical design trickery and
really it isn't that controversial, we all know it is changing, we all
know roughly what it is changing to, we are just collectively picking
the detailed direction we like the best.

Alan.